Online video may just be the most effective medium for B2B marketing– educating your audience while creating interest in your products and services. Videos should be engaging and persuasive, telling your stories online. Here we present 10 important ideas for B2B marketers:
1. Remember Branding –Video should be embedded and shared almost anywhere, so incorporate your brand identity and key messaging with a clear, consistent brand message in all your postings. Stamp your video with your brand and web address. Be sure your messaging does not get lost by creating branding in both.
2. Brand Voice – Are you targeting your video as an instructional or educational resource? Is it a product demonstration? Identify your marketing and business goals early and determine how to brand yourself in the video space: deliver the same tone and manner in the video descriptions, meta tags, titles and in your answers to the following discussion, too.
3. Storytelling– Remember fairly tales when you were young (or maybe you are reading them now to your own kids!) Your audience is more likely to do business with you when they sense a connection! Does your video evoke an emotional response from the viewer, and touch or move the audience? TELL your STORY!
4. Call to Action – You want your viewers to do something at the end of the video- but do not rely on them to figure it out. Tell them what to do! What is the next step for your viewers: do you want them to schedule a demo, or to download content from your website?
5. Keep it Fresh – There are more than 13 Billion videos on YouTube. You have to work hard to stand out among them. There are ways to add life and a fun to your story while making a strong impact. Do not be afraid to add more videos on a regular basis!
6. Include a Text Summary– Search engines do not index video content very well, so a detailed summary lets viewers know what to expect, and allows search engines to discover and rank your content. Much like Twitter, the first 120 characters are displayed in YouTube search results, so make your description count. Choose your category carefully, too – the more relevant your category, the better your results will look!
7. Tag Optimization – Label your video with tags so search engines will find them. Form your list from single words- YouTube does not index phrases. Leverage your website SEO and SEM keywords for better search results.
8. Size Matters – Your video should end sooner than you think it needs to. The average YouTube video is about 2 minutes long! People have short attention spans so break longer topics into shorter sections to keep your video focused on one topic.
9. URLs in your Description – Use a specific landing page, a content area on your site, or even your homepage. Drive viewers to your website: lead generation is an important content objective. Not only will you improve page-rankings with good links, you will generate business!
10. Choose Wisely – Good content is not about featuring your owner, it is about tone and manner. Consider who can best present your content a compelling way. You want a dynamic personality that connects with the audience; put a face on your brand.
Share your tips with us, too – drop a note in the comments box below. We can all benefit for each other’s experiences.