Continuing the saga begun earlier by Pamela Nebeker of Talkabout Production in Utah, we are actually going to break this topic into two sections: Clarity and Action.
Before you take any action steps with your new video, it’s important to get clear about what you want your video to do for you. Clarity aligns your actions with your goals, keeps your actions focused and helps you save time and money.
If you aren’t sure where to begin, we have a list of questions below to help get you started. It might be a good idea to have your 2012 marketing plan handy as a reference.
• Do you want increased brand awareness?
• Are you planning to put ads on your content or charge a premium or pay per view model for your video?
• How are you going to get users to come to your site using your video?
• Are you concerned about bandwidth costs?
• Do you just want something simple, or is having a full fledged platform important to your business goals?
• Do you want to add supplemental entertaining or useful videos that would gain traction and views on a video sharing site?
• Or is your content very product specific and best used to help your current traffic convert?
Remember, there are no right or wrong answers to these questions and nothing is set in stone.
In our next post, we will help you strategize after gaining clarity.