Web video is growing in popularity – there is no doubt about this. 2012 IS the Year of the Video!
Here are 10 recent web video statistics – to prove the point:
1. Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average (Comscore)
Most people ‘surf’ the web – going from site to site trying to decide on what to buy. A GOOD video will keep them browsing your site for two minutes longer – longer time on site usually means they are more interested in your company and are more likely to buy.
2. People who view a web video are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors (Comscore)
An investment in a GOOD web video will give you more paying customers. There’s nothing more to say really. Basically, a GOOD web video makes people want to buy more.
3. Retail sites with video increase conversion by 30% (L2 Specialty Retail Report)
If you are wanting to ‘sign-up’ a customer to your site or service, a GOOD web video is the way to go. Imagine, a third more people inquiring with your business.
4. Mediapost reports that product videos play a key role in consumer purchase decisions, citing a 9x increase in retail video views at the start of the 2011 winter holiday season. (MediaPost)
A GOOD video can demonstrate your products, show their advantages and engage you audience much more quickly than text.
5. YouTube’s Vice President of Global Content Robert Kyncl said that video would soon be 90% of Internet traffic. (Forbes)
This includes both social and corporate web video. So, if you don’t implement a GOOD video on your website – you will be missing out on this huge predicted search growth.
6. 50% of smartphone users watch web video on their mobile device. (Google Blog)
Your potential client base no longer just consists of people using a desktop computer. People have the ability to – and want to – access your site and view your web video wherever and whenever they can. Make sure your video is mobile ready- we can show you how!
7. Video and other multimedia product viewing options were rated more effective than any other site initiatives in an Adobe survey of almost 2,000 interactive marketers. (Adobe)
Here’s the proof: a GOOD video works. Thousands of marketers are already using it on their websites – why aren’t you?
8. Over 90% of shoppers in a recent survey found web video useful in making purchase decisions (Internet Retailer)
Customers don’t want to read any more – they want you to tell them your offers.
9. Forbes Insight found that 59% of senior executives prefer to watch video instead of reading text (Forbes)
You may be one of these. Well, if web video’s good enough for you, isn’t it good enough for your customers?!
10. Video in email marketing has been shown to increase click-through rates by over 96% (Implix Email Marketing Trends Survey)
FACT: most people would rather watch a video than read an article; it’s much more visually appealing to click a graphic in an email ,than just a text link.
What do these statistics prove?
That web video is the future – and the future is here NOW! Those companies that do not embrace video are at risk of being left behind. Consider the fact that very soon 90% of all internet traffic will be for web video – will people really bother with your website if you don’t have one? And we’ve not even considered the additional SEO that a well implemented web video will bring to your website.
Web video is the business card of the 21st century.
It has become the BEST way to tell people who you are, and what you’re about. Click here for more information about how WE help YOU make GREAT videos for YOUR website.